Thursday, May 20, 2010

We as Americans are SPOILED BRATS!

Haiti's population is 9,035,536. Only 15 years and older can read or write. They Have one national Holiday for the year Independence day January 1. In 2008 the minimum wage was 25 cents an hour so, about 2 dollars a day! Two dollars a day is not enough for transportation and two meals. But us we complain about being so tired and we need a day off! We have eleven national holidays 7 for which we get a free pass to have a day off, and lets not count the time we accumulate from our places of employment! Imagine living in Haiti making two dollars a day! In America the minimum wage ranges from 6.25-8.25 an hour depending on the state you live in. And we still complain it's not enough! If I was to make 8.25 an hour that is roughly 660.00 for 2 weeks. In the area I live in you can rent an one bedroom apartment for 350.00 yet an still we complain!

I have some more facts for you that will make you drop your jaw! Let's move on to South Africa. In South Africa there is no health care for the 5.5 million people that are living with the AIDS virus. There is about 10000 deaths a day due AIDS, but in the good US of A there is no such thing as not having health care as long as we have a Government that assist people living with AIDS. Did you know that our government offers a program that assist people with AIDS. The program pays rent and gives monthly food stamps all while sitting at home. Do we take advantage? NO! We sit at home a complain! Why are we so ungrateful? Why do we complain about the small things, when compared to other countries we are living like KINGS AND QUEENS. YES I AM GUILTY OF COMPLAINING TOO, but as I became older I learned
to appreciate the job that keeps a roof over my head, food on my table and clothes on my back. Today I am learning to appreciate my Government that assist people with the deadly disease called AIDS, or that allows me to retire with a pension. There are so many FREE programs out here, but do we take advantage no....we just sit on our tails and do nothing! AMERICA WE NEED TO GET IT TOGETHER!

No comments:

Post a Comment