Tuesday, February 24, 2015

My Granny

On March the 12th my granny will be 92 thank GOD , she suffers from alzheimers and dementia and it's getting harder every day to take care of her. Oh I forgot to mention she also diabetes every day we have to go in her room and remove food that she has taken from the pantry. Example this morning I found croutons not a few but a box  and I tried to explain to her that it's not a snack it goes on a salad. She doesn't remember. My worry is that she can go into a diabetic coma from the things she is eating and we won't know until the morning because we are all upstairs. Another example is her waking up at 1 am coming upstairs saying she is hungry my aunt gets her back in the room and then she starts screaming at the top of her lungs. My aunt closes the door my granny then turns around and comes up stairs around 6 am saying the same thing now I know why she is getting up at those times is because my aunt puts her bed by 7 pm and I tried to explain to my aunt that 7pm is way to early and we need to start letting her eat later instead of at 6 pm but she doesn't get it or has the patience. I think we are going to put her in a home soon. Do I want to NO but it's getting harder and harder to take care of her. I just don't know what to do !!! I'm scared to put her in a home because I hear so many horror stories , but her actions are leaving me with no choice. Oh I forgot to tell yall about this , two weeks ago she went outside with her robe on and no shoes and stood by the bus stop where my neice gets on the bus , the bus driver waited for my aunt to come and get her. My granny could of been hit by a car or attacked by a stray dog anything. I AM SO CONFUSED but she is not making it easy and trying to explain to her that she is hard, it's like talking to a 2 year old and she just says ok ok . I know my mother would not want her in a home so I am trying to honor my mother but taking care of my father , granny and cooking for the whole house and cleaning is becoming more and more difficult.I know I know why don't my aunt cook well she doesn't cook because she hoesn't know how too, she doesn't even know how to grocery shop so here is another task that is  placed on me. Dear, GOD I ask that you guide me in the right direction on what to do with my granny please I am confused and I am calling on you for guidance Amen...................WHAT WOULD MY FELLOW CRAZIES DO????

No comments:

Post a Comment