Wednesday, March 18, 2015

SOMETHING ABOUT THE SOUTH

I Just love visiting my in-laws way deep down in the GA woods, yes the pollen count is high and gets all over the cars, but there is something about chilling on there porch in the rocking chair listening to the birds chirp, watching the dogs relax in the yard and waving to all drivers that pass the house ( THEY LIVED HERE FOR OVER 30 YEARS SO THEY KNOW EVERYBODY) . It's something about this place that makes me feel safe, I'm not sure if it's his mothers warm smile , hug or inviting spirit , or if it's his parents respect for our " SPECIAL FRIENDSHIP" which is hard to find amongst true southern men and women. It hasn't always been this way......wait let me take that back when me and the Mister had a fallen out they have said that he shouldn't be with a man and that's why we was always getting into it and so on and so on, but to my face showed me nothing but love and I guess that is another reason why I love them, no matter what type of fight the Mister and I had they showed me nothing but love. I remember the first time meeting his parents we came for a church function and we spent the whole day with them upon leaving his mother held my hand and gave me a big hug and kiss now when she held my hand I felt a little pinch or stick I should say, she winked at me and when I looked down it was money, his father did the same thing. When we finally got in the car and I looked at the money and counted a total of 150 dollars can you believe it 150 bucks and they just met me. They must of known that I would be in there sons life for the long haul and not just a 1 night fling, parents can always tell well at least my mother could. The deep south is and will always be a part of me, there actions made it easier to love and live in the south. 

No comments:

Post a Comment