Monday, December 3, 2012

I HATE COMCAST

Ok so I get my bill today a whopping 336.25 last month and this month combined!! Ok so as I read the bill I notice there is a charge of 38.00 for cutting my service back on. WTF !!!! Why am I getting charged 38 bucks for something that came on automatically as soon as I paid the bill???? It's not like a person had to come out here and cut the damn thing I so why am I getting charged this damn fee???? So I call to ask a question on hold for 25 min!!! Finally I get a person and I discuss my bill but was also informed that starting January, 2013 they are no longer accepting promise to pay!!! What the hell this company robs you every chance they get. I PROMISE YOU AS SOON AS AT&T CABLE IS AVAILABLE IM SWITCHING . How can you not assist your customers with promise to pay isn't that customer satisfaction?? Man I really hate this company and they know they have us by the balls because without cable there is no TV COMCAST Y'ALL SUCK!! MIND YOU I JUST NOTICED THEY CHARGED ME TWICE FOR THE REACTIVATION FEE ONCE ON THE 21at and the on the 26 and the pics here to prove it..... COMCAST I HOPE UR COMPANY TANKS





1 comment:

  1. I apologize for the poor experience. I work for Comcast and I'd like to help. If you don't mind, will you please contact us, provide the account or phone number associated with your account and a link to this page?

    Thanks in advance,

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete